What is accreditation?
Accreditation is a voluntary method of quality assurance developed more than 100 years ago by American universities and secondary schools, and designed primarily to distinguish schools adhering to a set of educational standards. Our School is accredited by Cognia(Previously AdvanEd), in 2015.
Who is Cognia?
Cognia( Previously AdvancEd) is a US based non-profit organization catering to education standards for over 100 years. 30,000 + institutions all over the world got accredited via Cognia catering to over 17 Million students. This is the only Accreditation body cater to all the 50 states of US.
Why Cognia was chosen for ATA and Tamil School Accreditation?
Cognia Performance Standards are at the heart of continuous improvement and accreditation. They define the characteristics of a good education institution and provide guidelines for efforts that will energetically and visibly grow learners, teachers, leaders, and organizations.
WHY DOES ACCREDITATION MATTER?
Accreditation is designed to help educational institutions boost their ongoing performance efforts for the benefit of their students. Cognia insists on a relentless pursuit of excellence – for itself and for the institutions it accredits. This ethic of excellence ensures that institutions will find rich benefits from accreditation and that parents can confidently make informed decisions about their children’s education, knowing their child’s school is accredited. Accreditation matters because our students deserve the highest level of educational excellence possible.
Educational institutions that engage in Cognia Accreditation will:
- Earn the distinction of quality through the recognized seal of Cognia accreditation.
- Experience a unified, clear, and powerful accreditation process with a scalable and sustainable evaluation of education quality.
- Receive external and objective validation of the areas in which they’re doing well, and the areas for continuous improvement.
- Experience a state-of-the-art web-based accreditation system that is continuously being upgraded and improved.
- Students and their parents will:
- Experience ease in transferring credits from one school to another.
- Benefit from their institution or educational system’s commitment to raising student performance and accountability.
How the students learning Tamil can benefit from Accreditation?
In most of the US states, additional language learning is mandatory from Grade 9 to 12. Students study a language like French, German or Spanish to get the 1 language credit for a year from Grade 9 to 12.
The school district provides the learning opportunities for various languages at their schools based on the ethnic population living in the school district and also based on the funds available to allocate dedicated teachers for the language teaching from Grade 9 to 12.
Alternatively, any of the ethnic origin people can learn any language at accredited language schools in their state and apply for the 1 language credit. The weekend Tamil schools at various states provide this opportunity for all their students to get language credits.
The accredited Tamil language schools instantly provide the credibility for the parents to apply for the language credit at their school district. Our past Tamil school students have got high school credits for the past three years.